Bahá’í House of Worship a.k.a Lotus Temple (Delhi, India)

I visited Delhi for the first time ever this December, so in the 30 hours I was there, i squeezed in a day trip to the Taj Mahal, and a half day tour of Delhi.

One of the stops was Part I - 28. Bahá’í House of Worship a.k.a Lotus Temple (Delhi, India).


This would have been on January 7th 2011. Delhi was smothered in a thick layer of fog, hence the haziness of the picture. (Note aside: a good workman often just has rotten tools).

Truth be told, I did not enjoy visiting the Lotus Temple. While it was incredibly tranquil and beautiful, it was too cult like and eerie. Prayer to me is associated with joy and pain and humanity, all of which have their own special sights and sounds attached to it. This temple felt too stifled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-34955599-1